Daryl Yeo, Senior Network Technology Advisor, CARGILL
Zhong Xin Goo, VP Information Technology, CREDIT SUISSE
Cliff Neo, Global Enterprise Architect (IT), FUGRO
Nantha Kumar Krishnan, ICT Infrastructure Manager APAC, KERRY GROUP BUSINESS SERVICES (ASPAC)
Tanya Tang, Partner (Chief Economic and Policy Advisor), RAJAH & TANN SINGAPORE LLP
Conference Day One: September 11
8:15 Registration and Refreshments
9:00 Opening Remarks and Live Poll
9:15 WAN Design and Managed Services in the age of SD-WAN
9:40 Enterprise Case Study
10:05 Panel: Hybrid Transformations—Experiences with Adopting SD-WAN and Integrating Internet into the WAN
- How does SD-WAN impact overall WAN spending?
- What knowledge and skill does SD-WAN require?
- Do branch office techs require substantial training?
- What new visibility into the network does SD-WAN show?
- What virtual network functions do WAN managers deploy with SD-WAN?
- What is the cost of deploying SD-WAN, and what savings does the investment yield?
- Does SD-WAN prompt premature replacement of current infrastructure?
10:45 Morning Coffee Break
11:15 Enterprise Case Study
11:40 ROUND TABLE PEER TO PEER EXCHANGE
These sessions provide delegates with an opportunity to explore questions raised by the summit in more depth, with audience members determining their own needs and outcomes based on experience from within their own organizations.
12:00 TeleGeography Presentation: Benchmarking Enterprise Networks— Modeling Hybrid Network Costs
This TeleGeography presentation will examine several hybrid network alternatives and see how adopting a hybrid solution might alter network and access spend for a hypothetical global enterprise network.
13:45 Live Poll
13:50 Enterprise Case Study
14:15 Panel: Cloud in the WAN – How to Adapt your WAN to Accommodate Cloud-Based Applications
- How are enterprises connecting to cloud providers? What about multiple providers? Are new options needed?
- What implications do cloud services pose for clear security standards and logical architectures?
- What specific methods do you use to secure this new cloud environment?
- How does adoption of cloud services impact the choice of connectivity at major hub sites and branch offices?
- How can enterprises design their network to ensure performance of applications that are being accessed remotely? How do you delineate responsibility for performance assurance between the network provider and cloud service provider?
- How does cloud provider geography affect network design for different enterprise sites?
14:55 Afternoon Coffee Break
15:25 Enterprise Case Study
15:50 Panel: The Underlay Network—Selecting and Sourcing Local Access and Broadband
- What are the differences in price, security, and SLAs between TDM or Ethernet access lines, DIA, and broadband?
- When do most enterprises employ LTE? Is wireless moving beyond backup to become a genuine alternative?
- What is the future of wireless access? What impact will 5G have on the WAN?
- How much does QoS matter in the last mile? What steps can end users or providers take to improve last mile QoS?
- What are some of the challenges or advantages to sourcing broadband or DIA directly from ISPs rather than through a carrier or reseller?
16:30 Round Table Peer to Peer Exchange
16:45 Live Poll and Extended Q&A
17:55 Closing Remarks and Drinks Sponsor Speech
17:00 Networking Drinks
18:00 Close of Day One
Conference Day Two: September 12
8:30 Registration and Refreshments
8:30-9:30 WAN Leadership Forum Breakfast Club
The WAN Leadership Forum Breakfast Club is an intimate enterprise-only event intended to foster conversation and build a community of enterprise network managers. In addition to nourishment to begin the day, this session offers members of the WAN Leadership Forum the opportunity to discuss candidly the challenges in running their networks and glean insight and guidance from their peers.
9:40 Opening Remarks and LIVE POLL
9:50 Enterprise Case Study
10:15 Panel: One or Many? Provider Selection Strategies in the Hybrid WAN Market
- Does SD-WAN elicit a regional WAN sourcing strategy over a one-stop-shop global WAN solution?
- When should end users purchase their own broadband or DIA, and when should they rely on carriers or aggregators to source from ISPs and access providers globally?
- Are there compelling reasons to source mobile and wireline from the same providers?
- How can enterprises best choose between a fully managed service and network-only service?
10:55 Morning Coffee Break
11:25 Panel: Cyber Security for the WAN
- How do new technologies change security needs, and how does this differ by industry?
- Are cloud-based firewalls a workable alternative security strategy? In what situations?
- What challenges does the move from private to public cloud for business applications present?
- How can enterprises prepare for known threats such as DDOS?
- How do you deal with visibility in cases like SaaS that is often delivered over SSL?
12:10 TeleGeography Presentation: Enteprise Networks and the Core Global Network Underlying Them
A review of trends in enterprise network footprints, connections to the cloud, and carrier SD-WAN service—as well as how global submarine networks, pricing, and traffic affect the enterprise network.
12:35 Panel: WAN Architecture for the Modern Workplace
- How do you extend the corporate network and its security and QoS requirements to employees that are increasingly mobile and using consumer devices and connections?
- How do enterprises understand and forecast bandwidth needs at each site? Are adequate tools available or can carriers and vendors deliver better assessment?
- What impact do OTT communication tools have on bandwidth needs?
- Are there particular challenges for highly regulated industries such as finance and healthcare?
14:30 Close of Summit